• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues opening multiple tabs with protected mode on

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Reader 2017.011.30148 on Windows 10 1809. Recently I began having issues opening multiple tabs with protected mode on. If I open a document from a network drive, it opens correctly. If I try to open another document with a double-click, nothing happens and the document does not open until I close the other document. I can drag+drop to another tab and I can use file->open. This used to function last month and I am wondering if anyone knows what I can do to get this functionality back.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also encountering this issue. We have v2019.021.20049 and this behaviour is somewhat sporadic in nature. It can occur when opening PDFs from e-mail attachments, links to PDF files or double-clicking PDFs from File Explorer.

Our experience is pretty much the same as yours. Once Adobe Acrobat Reader gets in this state, the only way to fix it is to find the open instance of Adobe Acrobat Reader and close it. You can then double-click PDF files for a while until it stops working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scottm,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please install the latest update of Reader Classic 17.011.30156 Planned update, December 10, 2019 from the help menu> select check for updates, reboot the machine and check.

@Williamw: please install the latest version of Reader DC 19.021.20058 Planned update, December 10, 2019 

from the help menu> select check for updates, reboot the machine and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the HUGE delay. I am just now circling back around to this project. We are now using Reader Classic 2017.011.30158 and STILL experience the same problem with pdf files on network drives/paths. Are others experiencing this issue in the business world? Surely I have to be missing something here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines