• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard not working for Acrobat Reader DC v 10.2

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Adobe Reader DC 10 won't recognize any input from keyboard. Not in the "go to page" field, search field, or in fillable forms.

Using windows 10 with latest updates. Fresh install.

Issue started last weekend, but I had no problems before that.

Keyboard will work with every other app and I can edit a fillable form with chrome and Edge.

Checked updates, none available

Checked file>properties>security and set to "No security"

Repaired install.

After uninstalling and reinstalling, issue seemed to be resolved for 1 day, then problem returned.

Not sure what could be the problem at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

I ran the adobe reader cleaner and it seemed to have fixed the issue. It uninstalls it, maybe it wipes everything reader related? Then after I installed it, it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Further information I can add:

1. Reinstalling resolves the issue for the first time Reader is run.  Closing and reopening Reader will reproduce the issue until next reinstall.

2. Tab button works, it will tab through menu items.

Touch, Laptop or External USB keyboard does not resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the adobe reader cleaner and it seemed to have fixed the issue. It uninstalls it, maybe it wipes everything reader related? Then after I installed it, it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried Cleaner and have got the same result.

The first run after installation works.  Subsequent times the application is opened, keyboard input fails 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also used the cleaner and it worked the first time I opened a PDF, but after closing it and opening again it reverts to the broken state where no text entry (or copying text) is possible. However, writing in a text document, copying it, and right-click to paste into the PDF form works but CTRL+V does not work. I tried a number of different keyboards with the same result. Therefore we can conclude that a recent update broke the keyboard input capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not the correct answer. The problem comes back after closing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and opening it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also had this problem. It seems that after the last update Adobe Reader DC has problems when other programs are running at the same time (in my case it was ShortKeys by Insight Software Solutions).

After contacting Insight Software Solutions they wrote the following:

"It looks like the Protected Mode feature in Adobe must be turned off. These steps describe how:

- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader

- Click Edit, Preferences

- For Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or XI click Security (Enhanced)

- For Adobe Acrobat Reader X click General

- Click to uncheck the "Enable Protected mode at startup" setting

- Click the OK button to save

- Restart Adobe Acrobat Reader

This should restore functionality."

I hope this helps.

Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Protected Mode is there for good reason - disabling it is a terrible idea unless you can guarantee the origin of every file you open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Dave,

Thank you for pointing that out. What you write is perfectly understandable,

But what should I do if I want to use ShortKeys and Adobe Reader DC at the same time? Until the last update of Adobe Reader DC I had no problems for years.

I would be very grateful for a helpful hint.

Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other option is to right-click Shortkeys and close it for the duration of the Acrobat session. This also returns the keyboard functionality. And another workaround is to drop the PDF document onto Chrome Browser (in other words: Open it in Chrome, there just isn't an Open command), keyboard works fine in that scenario, WITH Shortkeys running and both for inputting Passwords and filling out forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where/how does one "right-click Shortkeys and close it for the duration of the Acrobat session"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use ShortKeys and have found closing this process resolves the issue if Reader is restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using shortkey and your comment helped a lot. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it was ShortKeys! THANK YOU> I turned that off and now the problem is gone. I've closed and opened Acrobat Pro multiple times and it is still ok!! 

This has not been an issue EVER until about 2-4 days ago (I love shortkeys). Did Acrobat Pro change something in recent update? Painful and caused me hours of extra work copying and pasting using the mouse from another file to the comment boxes!

Ceal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one turn off the short keys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Shortkeys File menu and "terminate shortkeys"

When you are ready to reopen just open the app normally.

Thanks to everyone who posted. Turning off ShortKeys fixed my keyboard problem too. I hope Adobe will do an update to allow it to play nice with Shortkeys again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much. i solved my problem after many days of nightmares' 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DISABLEING CHECK ON SECURITY ENHANCED: UNCHECK THIS ENABLE ENHANCED SECURITY WORKED FOR ME

Zeeshan319753232gtr_0-1707823830086.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is version Acrobat Reader DC 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 19.010.20099

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines