• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest "Problem reading document (109)" error

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe Reader DC here and when using version 18.009.20050 the PDFs open properly. When using Reader DC version 18.011.20036 the same PDF files throws the infamous "problem reading this document (109) error."  This is running on Windows 7 machines.

Any one have any info on this?

Thanks.

Steve

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 2015, Acrobat 2017 and…

Please try it out and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting an error "problem reading this document (109) error" with the latest update of Adobe Reader DC version 18.011.20036, Is that correct?

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF file? If it's specific to one PDF file, please help us with the file so that we can try it and our and check. Please use Adobe Send to share the file, share the link to document via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

You may also refer to There was a problem reading this document (109) (Acrobat Reader)

Let us know how it goes and share your finding.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

[Response edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same question/problem as above.  Files opened a day or 2 ago in Reader, but now they do not, receive error 109.  Please let me know if I should send or upload a file for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wendellscout,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you have tried the suggestions shared above, then please share the following details:

Please share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have discovered the same problem with version 18.011.20036 on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs. Files were still opening in Google Chrome -via plugin- until I set it to open via Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The issue has been reported to the engineering and the development team and they are working on a fix on high priority, We will share an update as soon as the fix is available publically.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20...

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe staff,

I am also having the same issue.  We receive reports emailed to us directly from an ERP, I do not know the name of this ERP. The Sys admins from this ERP told me that they have generated the file to only view and attached it to the email and the problem is still present.  This error is not linked to any OS version in particular since we are having this issue with all Win versions including Win server versions, and also some Linux versions; they have sent me the email using any one of this OS.  I know the file is not corrupted since I am able to view it using any browser, even if I try to downloading the file or do a save as I am still getting error 109. I found this KB 4238998: Error 109 dialog box appears after you launch few files, on here Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20... but I am not able to open this, I´ve also found some hotfix patches, but not any of them for my version Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20... .

Adobe version with proble: 18.011.20035

Affected Windows versions: 7,8,10, Win server 08,12

Affected Linux version: Redhat

-We have narrow down this issue and we now is not coming from the ERP.

-We know the issue is now being caused by Windows since we have tried these files in many different versions.

-Save as workaround is not resolving the issue for us.

This is a major issue for us since it has become very complicated to let users know that the have to view these files with the browser as a workaround.

Could you please suggest my any possible solutions?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any feedback yet, we are having the same issue with our EDP system - frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and have the latest update...what's the solution if I am already running the latest version?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, though mine occurs when trying to save a .pdf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Callahan,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, what is the current dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

What is the version of the operating system installed?

Is it possible to share the file with us which is causing the problem so that we can try to replicate the issue at our end and test it?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same issue that everyone has described above.  I have checked for updates and there is non avaiable at time.  Any resolve to this issue - I am in a time crunch and need this document to complete my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe update/fix didn't work for me so I did a workaround and converted the dodgy file into jpegs using an online converter

https://www.freepdfconvert.com/

not ideal but at least I can now view the document on my computer and re-save as a pdf.

(Weirdly I was able to view the pdf on both an iphone and android/Samsung phone no bother. It was only when we sent it to a Windows 7 PC that it refused to open.)

Thanks,

Carol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of PDF files that I can open (no problems) but then unable to save (for example after making comments).

I get a message "this document could not be saved. there was a problem reading this document (109)" and yet all the documents open without errors. I am using Adobe reader 2015.023.20070. It is really annoying and I spent 4 hours yesterday unsuccessfully trying to save my comments on a PDF file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We still have the issue "reading the document (109) error even after the latest update is installed in my system. However, these files we are able to open without any issue with Foxit, Chrome or Edge

Regards,

Sri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is now end of July and I have the same problems (I see the latest reply is from the beginning of June). I cannot save a pdf, a message pops up: 

The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (109).

I have the latest version updated (2020.009.20074).

When can we expect this to be solved?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same 109 problem

This does not appear to have gone away. I can open a pdf file sent to me from a Mac via email, I can save it to the cloud, but if I try to sign it and then resave it the error code pops up. I am completely up to date with versions (20.012.20043) and I have tried to dodge the issue by repairing the Acrobat Reader DC, and opening the file via Chrome , but none of it works. 

Is there actually a proper fix for this because the patches referred to above in the thread clearly are not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sit in the same position, I completed an application form and try to safe it gives the same error and when I tried to open it nothing appears. so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error.  I thought your team of engineers was working on this in 2018.  I'm paying for this service and it's not working.  NUANCE HERE I COME... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: Error message when trying to save / save as in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI 11.0.10.32: The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (109)

Solution:

1. Open the PDF in google chrome (Open Chrome > drag file into chrome)
    1. Print to PDF
    2. Save as any file name
  2. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat > error no longer occurs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kyle, your Adobe software hasn't had an update in almost 7 years, it is possible that this is a problem that they fixed long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Not sure on how to "drag file into chrome" though. Do you mean use another pdf program? It seems like the only way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Microsoft Print to PDF. It works now. And my adobe software is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines