• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long edge flip doesn't work

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm printing regular pdf file from acrobat reader (latest version) and configured my printer to be able to print double-sided (and it says long-edge).

However, when I print, the double-side printing is done on short-edge flip no matter what options I choose. This is extremely annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish someone had answered your question. I'm having the same problem. I've tried every possible combination of long edge printing in both adobe and my printer, and cannot get the second page to pring right side up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see my reply to Michiel0D44 below.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing more details about the issue you are experiencing?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 from the help menu > check for updates.

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is version of the OS?

Are you experiencing the issue where on printing, the second page is upside down? If yes, please look at the steps provided in the similar discussions listed below:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/print-on-2nd-side-upside-down/td-p/2240761?page=1

https://acrobatusers.com/forum/printing-prepress/duplex-printing-2nd-page-printing-upside-down/

You may also refer to the steps provided in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/print-double-sided-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in AA Reader DC version 20.12.20043 :

"Print", Option "Print on both sides of paper" selected, radio button "Flip on long edge" or "Flip on short edge" makes no difference. The pages are printed "Flip on short edge" regardless of the option selected. (Orientation: Auto, 2 pages per sheet). Please advise.

Printer: HP 1536dnf MFP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello - i have had this same problem - no matter that I had selected "long-edge" back to back, it always printed back to back on the short edge. 

Finally figured out a solution that worked, at least for me.

Assuming you have already selected "Portrait" and "Long-edge" printing, here is what I did next:

1. Under the "Print" tab:

click: Properties.

2. Under the layout tab you will see a selection titled "Page Order"

This will give two options: print Back to Front or Front to back

3. Select “Front to Back”

Hope this will work for you.

kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see my reply to Michiel0D44 below.

hope it will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I found two fixes. The first fix is to print to Microsoft Print to PDF with the correct parameters set. Once the new PDF was created, I had no problem. The second fix was much easier, I downloaded Foxit Reader. When I opened the original PDF in Foxit Reader it printed correctly the first time with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem - can't get it to flip on long edge, and I've tried both long and short, and tried to print to pdf. Foxit didn't work either. Help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.01.2017x  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal. It's the right version, I've restarted my laptop, tried other pdfs, printed to a new pdf version, done repair installation on help menu - still only prints short edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please check for any pending/missing updates for the printer driver and firmware and try updating it and check. Also please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines