• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost left and right arrow navigation in Reader

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my desktop and on my android tablet I can navigate the pages of PDF files using the left and right arrows.  I now have bought a Microsoft Surface Book 3 and it appears that I can only navigate pages using the up and down arrows or swiping up or down on the touch screen.   Would someone explain why this is happening and can it be fixed?  I use reader to view sheet music and I need to turn pages by touching the right or left side of the screen.

Ian 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat Reader does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version dc 2020 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but your answer doex not help me at all.   It does not work for me other wise OI nwould not be asking for help.   To repeat,  the left and right arrows allow me to navigate next page and previous page onlt while the tablet screen is attached to my Surface Book3.   As soon as I detatch the tablet screen, turn it to portrait mode the left and right arrows are not available in the Adobe Reader DC document.   Also I cannot touch the right or left sid of the pdf document to go to next or previous page.  Swiping left or right does not change the page.

I can use left and right arrows when I use my android tablet in portrait mode with Reader.

This is a big problem for me as I use the tablet part for displaying pdf sheet music.   I note from searching with google that this has been an occuring bug with Reader over the years with a dll file being the cause.  Please review what I have written and if you say it works are you using a Surface Book3 when  you say "It works"

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not getteng a satisfactory reply from Adobe I have given up on using Adobe Reader DC.  I installed Xodo reader which allow me to go Next page and Previous page using my Surface Book 3 left and right arrow keys when in tablet mode.  I will be advising other Surface Book users to do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines