• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost of list of user selected PDF files of task bar icon

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last installed adobe reader DC 2019.... (can not copy and paste the version number) deleted list of all user selected PDF files that was pinned to task bar icon of previous version of adobe reader.

Wrong way to make software installer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is a language problem but your post doesn't make much sense to me.

Is this an Acrobat Reader problem? Are you trying to install Acrobat Reader?

And what does having a list of User Selectable PDF files in the Windows task bar, or the lack there of, have to do with installing any program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Maybe it is a language problem
partially, the adj "lost" was used as noun "loss" 

i write with errors even in my native language, but do not for very limit of sense loss (ah, i want to say "lost" there, the bad habit). And more, i guess you have lied here to get a kind of profit, consider:
for
>> Last installed adobe reader DC
you wrote
>Are you trying to install Acrobat Reader?
in some political system it is not a crime to lie and steal everywhere, but a way to be rich (it is prohibited by both: ancient human moral ideas; and developments of moral ideas as civilisation progressed). 

>but your post 
just was intended for adobe reader writers (writers are the guys who write "install" program for win (win means windows), there are no other bug or feedback directories, even the forum works not in all browsers). 

>And what does having a list 

i say "the list was pinned to adobe reader icon in task bar" ("to pin file of suitable type as user selected to app icon that is placed in task bar" is well known user feature of taskbar of win explorer (aprox from vista times); taskbar is: google-> https://www.howtogeek.com/77614/best-windows-7-start-menu-and-taskbar-tips-and-tricks )

>Is this an Acrobat Reader problem? 

sure 

Install program sould process user lists, icons and settings with care, the desktop shortcut or start menu link can be placed by user in its personal folder (no need to move it into public one) etc. 

note: it is known the selected list is not very reliable system (it is often damaged) but install program should not delete the list with intention, i lost my "list of contacts" by safe action (by update of version of the same software), it was not a poison thing but unexpected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum, the Acrobat Reader forum.

These forums are not a direct link to the Adobe program writers or even normal staff personnel.

We here are all users of the software just like you.

Hopefully this will help solving the problem you are having.

Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and Acrobat Reader is Free to anyone that wants it. All you have to do is download it from Adobe and install it on your computers and or Mobile devices.

So I'm not sure what you were referring to when you mentioned stealing somethng.

As above best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines