• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Windows Explorer thumbnails for pdf files

New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of months ago, on my Windows 10 desktop PC I enabled in the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer".  It worked.

Recently, it stopped working, for no reason I can discern. 

- I confirmed the "Enable PDF thumbnail..." is still checked.  I've tried un-checking and re-checking it.

- I confirmed that my Windows Explorer setting "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT checked.

- I've rebooted my PC several times

- I've confirmed Acrobat Reader DC is my default pdf app, associated with all pdf files. 

- I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Acrobat Reader DC

- I have tried setting up a new user account in Windows 10, and it also does not show pdf thumbnails

A possible factor: I installed Nuance PDF software as part of installing my new scanner software (ScanSnap iX500)

- But I have since completely uninstalled it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Actually, I tried one more thing: Uninstalling Acrobat Reader DC using the Adobe cleaner tool this time, rebooting my computer, then reinstalling it.  It worked!  My pdf thumbnails are back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I tried one more thing: Uninstalling Acrobat Reader DC using the Adobe cleaner tool this time, rebooting my computer, then reinstalling it.  It worked!  My pdf thumbnails are back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

VOILA! That worked..., for now. I have looked everywhere for a solution to that issue, to no avail. Thank you. Is it OK that I share this with the threads that I've shared my grief with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines