Copy link to clipboard
A couple of months ago, on my Windows 10 desktop PC I enabled in the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer". It worked.
Recently, it stopped working, for no reason I can discern.
- I confirmed the "Enable PDF thumbnail..." is still checked. I've tried un-checking and re-checking it.
- I confirmed that my Windows Explorer setting "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT checked.
- I've rebooted my PC several times
- I've confirmed Acrobat Reader DC is my default pdf app, associated with all pdf files.
- I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Acrobat Reader DC
- I have tried setting up a new user account in Windows 10, and it also does not show pdf thumbnails
A possible factor: I installed Nuance PDF software as part of installing my new scanner software (ScanSnap iX500)
- But I have since completely uninstalled it.
Actually, I tried one more thing: Uninstalling Acrobat Reader DC using the Adobe cleaner tool this time, rebooting my computer, then reinstalling it. It worked! My pdf thumbnails are back.
VOILA! That worked..., for now. I have looked everywhere for a solution to that issue, to no avail. Thank you. Is it OK that I share this with the threads that I've shared my grief with?