• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I ve got after last update on mac OS a Problem. 
When i open my PDF file, where i recorded some speaches, Acrobate Reader schows me this Error: Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound

.Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 21.27.15.png

I checked in "Preferences"->"Multimedia Trust" two players and there are two added

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noval,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above, you are getting the error: Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound, correct?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed? To check the verion please use the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Make sure that you have the latest version 19.21.20049  installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For detailed information please use the link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already installed the latest version 19.21.20049.  Still the same error "Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for answer. 
I have the latest version:

Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 20.09.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I didnt solve the Problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file with Audio embedded or with any PDF file with Audio?
  • Are you the author of the PDF file or have you got the file from another user?
  • What is the format of the Audio file embedded in the PDF?
  • Could you please share the file with us for testing via private message? Please click on the message icon on the top right corner to start the private message.

We are here for help, just need more information

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Was a solution found for this? I am now experiencing the same.

I am using the latest version

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently facing the same issue, unfortunately. I have spent the last hour and a half with Adobe over chat and they basically said that if you have the Catalina version of Macbook (which is what I have), then it has been an ongoing issue and to simply just wait for an update. Hopefully this message helped you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jenuhhf. I came across that last night. Not great news but I least I know to work around it for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same problem on a macbook (MacOS Catalina). 

I have opened a PDF with audio comments but when I click it, I get the message:

Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution yet. Has anyone a way to get around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All 

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

Please share a sample PDF file with us for testing so we can reproduce the issue on our end and get it investigated further.

Please upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.  Here is the link to the file, which I have uploaded.  I would appreciate any help you can give to getting this to work.  Thanks,

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:2fdfbb95-9083-45bf-abf1-3f60bdedb44...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Sorry to keep you waiting.

This issue is addressed now with our new update 20.009.20067. Please update the application to the new version available from the help menu > check for updates and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same problem.  PDF constantly says "Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound", despite re-installing both Adobe and also Flash.

if Adobe can't fix the problem, is there at least a workaround?  I really need my students to be able to hear the pronunciation of words. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines