• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS, fullscreen Acrobat Reader that layers itself on top of other applications

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a laptop that I'm using in different workspaces, whiche means I'm switching between using just my laptops builtin display and builtin + extra monitor.

I'm using Spaces a lot for fullscreen apps, and I also use this for Acrobat Reader, specially when I'm using an extra monitor, Acrobat Reader has this annoying behavoir.

The behavior is as follows, that I will have Acrboat Reader up in a Space, and displaying on my extra monitor, and when I disconnect the monitor.

And then try to access Arobat Reader it will layer itself on top of any random program in one of my spaces.

It is impossible to resize the application or move it in any way to another space, I can read my PDFs and save my work or what ever I need,

but all the dialogboxes are in my main Space and it sometimes renders Acrobat Reader to a halt where it just is impossible to find the dialogboxes

and / or use this application.

Also, sometimes it isnt possible to get the application Arobat Reader back to work without quiting it, and it never works to move it so I can use the application that it layered itself over.

This behavior is super annoying and I don't have it in any other application that I'm using, so the problem described is just experienced with Acrobat Reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?