• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make select tool default?

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make the select tool the default instead of the hand tool when I open Reader? It used to do this and I prefer it that way, but it's such a pain now that every time I open a new document I have to change to the select tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Hi blakew9,

Please confirm the dot version of the Adobe Reader and OS you are working on.

From when did you notice this change in the selection tool?

Have you tried making any changes under the preferences to make the select tool as default?

Try this, launch Reader and go to Edit menu > Preferences > General and try to unmark the box for the Hand tool option.

Then click OK and relaunch the application. Check if this makes any difference.

Let us know if it works or if the issue still persists.

Regards,

M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blakew9,

Please confirm the dot version of the Adobe Reader and OS you are working on.

From when did you notice this change in the selection tool?

Have you tried making any changes under the preferences to make the select tool as default?

Try this, launch Reader and go to Edit menu > Preferences > General and try to unmark the box for the Hand tool option.

Then click OK and relaunch the application. Check if this makes any difference.

Let us know if it works or if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Change the "Touch Mode:" to "Never" 

SMAllard_0-1592608337458.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me too, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY F-ing GOD!!! this workeddddddddddddddd 

After a couple weeks of going insane and traying everything, this finally worked!!! Have a fantabulous day!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY! SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG TYVM I have been Google searching this forever since the way back update. Perfect solution! You rock. I was trying to figure out why Adobe automatically thought my LED Monitor has a touch screen like some laptops when it clearly doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!!!! God bless you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been trying ro fix this for over an hour and I stumbled across your response and it worked! Thank you so much! It was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tenho o Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Continuous Release - Versão 2021.001.20138) instalado em dois notebooks. Um notebook com tela sensível a toque e outro notebook com tela normal.
Com o notebook com tela normal, o Acrobat inicia por padrão com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa, mesmo que eu o encerre com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa. Com o notebook com tela sensível ao toque, ele inicia por padrão com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa, mesmo que eu o encerre com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa.
Queria que com o notebook com tela sensível ao toque o Acrobat inicasse com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa. Sofri durante dois anos.
Com o notebook com tela senível a toque, fui em "Preferências", na categoria "Geral", e desmarquei a caixa de seleção "Exibir teclado sensível ao toque quando o dispositivo estiver no modo para toque ou no modo tablet". Pronto.
Agora, se fecho o Acrobat com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa, abrirá futuramente em qualquer documento com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa. Se fecho o Acrobat com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa, abrirá futuramente em qualquer documento com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa.
Para que o Acrobat abra sempre com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa, indepentemente de nós fecharmos com a ferramenta "Mão" ou "Selecionar" ativa, fui em na categoria "Acessibilidade" e marquei a caixa de verificação "Sempre exibir o cursor de seleção do teclado".
Mas afinal achei esta última parte desnessária para mim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines