Highlighted

Malicious Programs Downloaded with Acrobat Reader Update

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already contacted Adobe Help/Chat and got a case No. 0220904483; the agent was Ajay Kumar. I explained my issue to him and he sent me a link to Adobe Forum where i would get help from experts.

Below, I am summarizing my issue once more:

I use a Mac and Google Chrome. On my Mac are 2 Adobe programs installed:

AdobeFlashPlayer_21_a_install.dmg

AdobeReader_dc_en_a_install.dmg

Repeatedly, after I get prompted to update my Adobe and do it, my Mac significantly slows down and is often blocked. When I upgrade Adobe, 2 malicious programs (see below) get downloaded into my Mac. When I ignore the prompt to update Adobe, I cannot shut down my Mac - the system reports that Adobe prevented the Mac from shutting down. I learned to go to my hard disk, into Library, under LaunchDaemons and check for malicious programs. Everytime, following 2 programs are there:

com.adobe.ARMDC.Communicator.plist

com.adobe.ARMDC.SMJobB…helper.plist

When I delete these 2 programs, the problem is solved. Until the next time I am prompted to update Adobe.

Can somebody help me with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Malicious Programs Downloaded with Acrobat Reader Update

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already contacted Adobe Help/Chat and got a case No. 0220904483; the agent was Ajay Kumar. I explained my issue to him and he sent me a link to Adobe Forum where i would get help from experts.

Below, I am summarizing my issue once more:

I use a Mac and Google Chrome. On my Mac are 2 Adobe programs installed:

AdobeFlashPlayer_21_a_install.dmg

AdobeReader_dc_en_a_install.dmg

Repeatedly, after I get prompted to update my Adobe and do it, my Mac significantly slows down and is often blocked. When I upgrade Adobe, 2 malicious programs (see below) get downloaded into my Mac. When I ignore the prompt to update Adobe, I cannot shut down my Mac - the system reports that Adobe prevented the Mac from shutting down. I learned to go to my hard disk, into Library, under LaunchDaemons and check for malicious programs. Everytime, following 2 programs are there:

com.adobe.ARMDC.Communicator.plist

com.adobe.ARMDC.SMJobB…helper.plist

When I delete these 2 programs, the problem is solved. Until the next time I am prompted to update Adobe.

Can somebody help me with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this issue with all recent updates applied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get a prompt telling you to update, assume it’s a fake, a virus, an attack. Go instead to the real page

http://get.adobe.com/reader

http://get.adobe.com/flash

if you’ve been infected it may be safest to wipe your computer, delete everything you have, and start again. 

Still, why do you say those two apps are malicious? They might be fakes but they might be the real thing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC