Highlighted

Masking with asterisk social security #'s on Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make fillable documents for University Students and am unable ot easily utilize masking (if thats the right method) to have their social security # be asterisks except last 4. I saw another answer but the link suggested did not work for me. When the document is returned via email I can pull the numbers for their records.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

You must not have personal info submitted by mail. Not just SSN but names, emails, addresses. You must use a secure https script written by a web programming professional. In some countries there are very severe penalties for breaches. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms, Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Masking with asterisk social security #'s on Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make fillable documents for University Students and am unable ot easily utilize masking (if thats the right method) to have their social security # be asterisks except last 4. I saw another answer but the link suggested did not work for me. When the document is returned via email I can pull the numbers for their records.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

You must not have personal info submitted by mail. Not just SSN but names, emails, addresses. You must use a secure https script written by a web programming professional. In some countries there are very severe penalties for breaches. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms, Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not use that. It offers no protection at all. The full number can easily be extracted by anyone who has access to the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have met with our Web programmers and they stated the same. Thank you for your clear and concise comments.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC