• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

McAfee unwanted install - no option to select or reject!

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I though Adobe might have grown out of such silly tricks - see previous threads on this topic going back several years.  Obviously not as it's just happened to me in January 2018.  Bad move - I might go to another PDF reader now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

I always see the box that you can uncheck. Not sure what's going on there. Anyway, you can download it here without Mcafee: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always see the box that you can uncheck. Not sure what's going on there. Anyway, you can download it here without Mcafee: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not completely true. The case is there, but whether you accept it or refuse it, it always downloads the same 1180 KB file and starts installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it took me 20 minutes to remove the McAfee virus from my machine after Adobe surreptitiously installed it.   What a crock.   ADOBE installs security holes into a system as a condition of accepting software.    And McAfee's VIRUS uninstaller won't completely remove it after you remove the two "documented" products installed.   I had to go and manually remove files and registry entries afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNGi am irritated by the unwanted mcafee downloads. so i cancelled the whole installation while adobe is downloaded an installing and the otheres were to be installedi am irritated by the unwanted mcafee downloads. so i cancelled the whole installation while adobe is downloaded an installing and the otheres were to be installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an optional offer when you download the installer from Adobe. By default it is not selected, though. You have to actively click two check-boxes on the download page to get these add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was selected by default for me and that part of the page loaded slower than the rest, meaning I never actually saw it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is correct. it now installs with out request and i have reported it as maleware to a few reporting sites I sugest you and everyone else affected by this unwanted intrusion and securty breach as the maleware it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. It just installed on my rig unwanted. WTF. I hate Adobe. It's like going Greyhound. It's about the only choice you have and it massively sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines