• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Office hyperlinks to PDF files will not open

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open hyperlinks from within office documents to PDF files located on certain websites. The error I get within "Microsoft Office" program is :-

"Unable to open https://xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/docs/pl456/CofiaCauyDrws%20Mae%20hi%20noer.pdf?T=11&LLL=1. Cannot open specified file.

I am able to visit the hyperlink in a browser and the PDF then Opens in Adobe Reder DC.

Changing the default Association with PDF makes no difference to he behaviour in Office.

If I uninstall Adobe Reader from the system and click on the link again within the Office App then the link will open and view the PDF in the browser.

Re-installing Adobe Reader breaks Office/hyperlink again.

Why or what would Reader possible do to effect this behaviour. With adobe installed and the default PDF association set to EDGE or another PDF viewer this behaviour of not working remains. The only fix to get the hyperlink to work directly from the office App is to uninstall Adobe Reader.

Is there a BUG that I need to install a hotfix for ??

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have notice the exact same issue, and have just spent several hours on the phone with microsoft in an attempt to find the problem. In the end microsoft could do nothing and stated that this appeared to be a Adobe Reader issue as when the software was removed everything worked well. When the software was reinstalled this broke the links again.

Have tried this with several versions of Office and also Several versions of Reader DC. When DC is removed everything works.  I have tried getting support from Adobe on this issue but just get that there is no support for this application.

Good Luck in getting any help from Adobe with this, my solution in the end was to remove Reader DC and just alow the browser to view the PDF's 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines