Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Middle click scroll speed

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I can see there is no other thread that deals with this question...

When I am reading in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I use middle click to scroll (i.e. I need to move my mouse up or down, instead of spinning the scroll wheel). However, if I move my mouse more than about 1 cm, the pages fly past in tremendous speed (at least 3-4 pages per second). Is it possible to reduce this sensitivity?

I have tried to reduce windows scroll sensitivity to minimum (1 line at a time), but it does not make a difference as far as I can see.

Suggestions?

I run Win 10, fully updated. Adobe Acrobat DC 19.012.20035.

Regards,

Adrian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

You need to look in the Mouse settings. I don't think this is something you can control from within Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look in the Mouse settings. I don't think this is something you can control from within Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adrian,

I wonder there's something that can be changed in Acrobat to control the speed. For testing, you may check if the scroll setting makes any difference-

Reader>View>Page Display>Enable Scrolling.

It could be a possibility, while moving mouse its jumping to another page all together.

Also, Reader>Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Page Layout>Single Page Continues>OK

If everything in its place, then you may try the suggestion given in the correct answer above.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your problem what's being discussed here?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/vertical-wheel-scroll-speed-in-acrobat-reader-dc/m-p/1...

Because that issue isn't solved yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get a programming change made somewhere in adobe?? There are two scroll speeds. The 'wheel scroll' controls vertical motion and is confused with 'Center Click Scroll' which controls all directions.

No one has answered this because this would require adobe to add a 'center click scroll speed' slider to adjust how fast it moves based on how far up, down, left, right you move your mouse from that click and drag point.

Looking in mouse settings controls all programs but all on other programs scroll rates work fine.

This issue is only a problem in ACROBAT.

Its annoying. Please fix in a version update!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am definitely advocating this. There needs to be a middle-click scroll (or pan) speed, especially when zoomed into documents. I look at technical drawings all day, and when you're trying to navigate around a page that's zoomed-in to 300% (or more), the slightest movement will shoot you across the page. Super frustrating. If this product was free, I'd put up with it... but like mentioned above, seems to be only a problem with Adobe Acrobat.

***Also, no, there's no option to do this in Windows***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it would be beter if the middle mouse click just behaved like the hand pan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines