• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixed Page Size Printing Issue (2021.001.20135)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 50+ users that use Acrobat Reader DC for printing PDFs. They receive a decent number of PDFs with mixed, letter and legal, sized paper. At least 3 so far, the only ones I know who have tried at all, can no longer print mixed. The best timeline I've heard is it started 2/8, the update to v2021.001.20135 states it was planned for 2/9 but I'd be wlling to bet the user report date is wrong or the update applied on 2/8 and it's update related.

Checking/unchecking "Choose paper source byPDF page size" used to work but does not any longer. They have tried printing to 3 separate printers and 2, possibly 3, separate make/models. I'm *certain* an HP LaserJet 4250 and Ricoh 6503 copier have been tried with the same results.

The Acrobat Reader DC print preview shows "Document: "  sees the 8.5x11" pages properly *and* 8.5x14" properly. However, right below that it only shows 8.5x11" and you see it graying otu the last 3 inches on the 8.5x14" pages.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there an easy way to remove the latest update until a fix is in place (or simply to confirm if it is the update that caused it)?

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and sorry about the trouble caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that contains the fix. 

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe  

L

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackson F

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are eperiencing issues with printing mixed size PDF documents.

Please try the same workflow, with turning off the 'Protected Mode' and then try printing the same.

Steps to turn off the 'Protected Mode' :

1. Launch Acrobat
  2. Click on Edit (from Menu Bar) > Preferences
  3. Click on 'Security (Enhanced)'
  4. Uncheck 'Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)' > Click Yes (on popup)

Untitled.png

5. Click on OK > Close & Re-Launch application and check.

You may also look at the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/quot-choose-paper-source-by-pdf-page-size-quot-not-wor...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped as far as increasing scale from 75% to 96% which I select "Fit" and "Choose Paper Source By PDF Size"  However, I cannot seem to get my "legal" size sheets to print.  Any advice on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, but as it's disabling security features it's more of a stopgap/workaround. Since it's reducing security features we would like to know when there is a true fix. Can thsi be updated when that occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and sorry about the trouble caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that contains the fix. 

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....  

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update. I asked my users that implemented the workaround to revert back. I'll post back if the issue is still there after, otherwise assume this resolved for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines