• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile App just deleted days of work from Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a file for a few days on the desktop version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, always being cautious to save my file to the cloud as I go. 

I also have the mobile app for Android, and usually the two sync pretty seamlessly. I am able to open the same file on my phone and continue from where i left off, save my changes on the app, then resume on my desktop.

However, tonight when I opened the mobile app and tried to open the file from the cloud, the progress was at a point I had passed last week. When I closed out of the app and upon returning home, I was horrified to see that the app had automatically synced that old progress point to the desktop! I have lost several days of work in the time it took to open and close an app! 

Does anybody know how to pull up an earlier (more recent) save? Is there a place I can see the save history or something?! Please help!

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kincaid,

Sorry to hear about your loss. We can understand your situation, how it feels when you get to experience something like this. 

Adobe Document Cloud and related applications like desktop, mobile are capable of syncing the changes made in files data. Exactly like it worked seamlessly in your case. 

Surprisingly, file stored in DC web is only showing the changes made in past not the recent one. In that case, would you mind checking the date and name of the file once again? It could be a possibility that you have a copy of the original file and opened that one, rather than the latest?

Alternate way of looking for the file you have worked upon is to, login on website and check under the files: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ 

If that file would have been locally saved to your computer, then you can try locating it under tmp folder. C:/users/user name/appdata/local/temp

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines