• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Monitor setup keeps moving Reading Pane to Primary Monitor when Opening additional files

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dual-monitor setup and like to keep my primary monitor on the left and secondary on the right.  While I have the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application open on the secondary monitor, I also have my Explorer window open to list file contents and double-click the pdf files to open.  If I close all open pdf documents and re-open one, it will retain the same position on my secondary monitor.  If I open any additional documents, it appears to relaunch Reader over on my primary monitor.  Every time.  If I close Reader on my secondary monitor and then relaunch a previously viewed document, it will display at the last position on my secondary monitor where I closed it, but then back to primary monitor for every document in addition to the first, regardless of whether I had previously viewed and closed it on the secondary monitor.

This is incredibly frustrating and I've looked through all of the various preferences, but do not see anything related to this.  I simply want to be able to place my Reader DC window on my secondary screen and open/view multiple documents without have to drag the frame back over every time.  Any tips?  Windows 10 system.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?