• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple digital signatures without the file being fully locked?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with the following scenario:

An excel file is exported as PDF, a director digitally sings it with a certificate. He sends the file to two managers and they have to countersign it. But the managers are unable to add their signs as the file is locked because of the first sign.

How to multiple digital signatures without the file being fully locked?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Look at the properties of the signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the useful tip.

However, I am having problems reproducing the issue.

I got Acrobat Pro trial version to reproduce the issue, but when I create a digital signature, I do not have the checkbox option to lock the file after signing. Any idea how can I enable this feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the properties of the signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you do NOT tick the box that says "This file requires signatures" when creating the form!

Confusingly, that converts it to an Adobe Sign form, and limits the options you can use in it.

If you already did it you can reverse it now by going to Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution was to work only with digital signatures by everyone. As Bernd Alheit mentioned, in the settings of the signature field there were options to not lock it.

The user had initially requested for a solution to be able to sign with the option "Sign and fill", to just add their signature. But to add digital sign was eventually the better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines