• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My acrobat doc pdf browser plugin in missing

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My acrobat doc pdf browser plugin in missing and I cannot access adobe to install itor download it with out it.  I cannot view any of my PDF documents. Any suggestions as to how to reinstall this plugin?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Remove the corrupted Reader installation using http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html then download and run the latest installer from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS?  Browser?  Reader version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am new to this.  I have Windows 7 and updated to the new Window 10.  Windows 10 was slowing me down and my internet.  I went back to Windows 7 and when I went back to Windows 7 then it removed parts of my acrobat reader and I could no longer view my PDF documents.  It told me to reinstall acrobat reader DC.  So I tried that and I am even having problems accessing the adobe website as it is saying my acrobat DC PDF browser plug-in in missing.  So it get to 90% full of downloading than it says that the feature I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package AcroRead.msi in the box below.  I am using Internet Explorer and doing the same thing on Goggle browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the corrupted Reader installation using http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html then download and run the latest installer from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this and let you know how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I did that and I still cannot install Adobe Reader DC It is still saying The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'AcroRead.msi' in the box below.  See first print screen if you can read it.Then I click ok and I get the next pop up.  See 2nd print screen.  It reads The file C:/ProgramData/Adobe/Setup? AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-ACOFO74E4100  AcroRead.msi is not a valid inatallation package for the product Adobe Reader XI (11.0.12).  try to find the installation package AcroRead.msi in a folder from which you can stall Adobe Reader XI (11.0.12).  It seems to have fixed the missing DC Browser plug in.  I have not seen that pop up again.  I don't know if I should start a fresh forum with this issue now.  Thanks and let me if you or anyone else can help with this.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the Cleaner Tool did you run?  I think to remove Reader XI you need to run version 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran version 4.  I will try version2 after work. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I choose both Adobe and Reader or just reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am super excited, I did try it again this morning and yeah I can now view my PDF documents again.  Thank you so much for your help.  I don't know what I would have done without you. You are awesome!!!! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked!

If any Adobe staff reading this: version 4 of the Cleaner Tool should also remove earlier versions, not just DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines