Highlighted

My newly reinstalled Adobe Reader DC will not open, nor can I open any PDFs with it

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started as failure to open PDFs;  I uninstalled and reinstalled AR DC, still PDFs on emails in MS Outlook would not open. Then I tried to open PDFs in Documents folders - got a message "Windows cannot find [file name clicked on]. Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again".  I got the Adobe Cleaner which cleaned up and uninstalled AR DC;  reinstalled it again from Adobe website.  Still cannot open any PDF anywhere with AR DC.  But can open PDFs perfectly OK with Avast Browser and Google Chrome.  Then found I cannot even open AR DC as a free standing program by clicking in program list, and right clicking does not offer an 'open' option.  So completely stuck!  Help please.

Installed on Dell Inspiron using Windows 10 Home, build 1903, OS 18362.836

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My newly reinstalled Adobe Reader DC will not open, nor can I open any PDFs with it

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started as failure to open PDFs;  I uninstalled and reinstalled AR DC, still PDFs on emails in MS Outlook would not open. Then I tried to open PDFs in Documents folders - got a message "Windows cannot find [file name clicked on]. Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again".  I got the Adobe Cleaner which cleaned up and uninstalled AR DC;  reinstalled it again from Adobe website.  Still cannot open any PDF anywhere with AR DC.  But can open PDFs perfectly OK with Avast Browser and Google Chrome.  Then found I cannot even open AR DC as a free standing program by clicking in program list, and right clicking does not offer an 'open' option.  So completely stuck!  Help please.

Installed on Dell Inspiron using Windows 10 Home, build 1903, OS 18362.836

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  My Office products quit working at the same time, giving the same error message, and their technical support edited my registry to fix it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled mulitple times, including with the Cleaner. This is the error message:error when trying to run Readererror when trying to run Reader

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Office products are working, but I am unable to open Acrobat Reader DC.  I have uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, etc including with the Cleaner.

I am on a DELL laptop and version 1903.

Error message says: Windows cannot find c:\program.files(x86) ..... My techsmith program are also impacted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do we do? I have the same issue since this morning. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know, and yes, it started this morning!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! Reinstalled Reader multiple tiems & Office products all stopped working.

My password manager did too!

Latter company thinks it's due to a Windows update...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But my Windows update wasn't installed at that point, just downloaded. I thought about that, too, because it started yesterday (Tuesday) morning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yay! Fixed it. Disabled the antivirus (AVG) & it installed OK. Coincidentally, there was an update to the A/V so maybe there was a bug in it 😉

Hope that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
naholter LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I tried to open a PDF and was rewarded with the new user screen for my Reader!! Still no idea what was wrong, but somehting, some place appears to have been fixed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines