• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an older version of Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon! So, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or whatever it is supposed to be referred to as, and found that my Adobe Reader 9 is gone. I downloaded for a specific feature, only to find that several features were gone, and or locked behind a 2-25$ a month subscription paywall, alongside being ugly and burning my retinas. I searched a few decently lengthed forum threads, some reddit posts, et cetera, only to find that the official support stopped responding to them after 5-6~ posts for some reason. Also, the page with 'older/other versions' only has one version, the current version, which is absolute insanity. I would like my Adobe Reader 9 back, for my only other option at this point is to do SSD everything on my drive and system restore.

I feel sad to do this, but I compare it to the hypothetical situation where you go to update Battlefront 2005, only to get EA's Battlefront 2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Did you maybe have Adobe Acrobat 9 before (ie, not Reader)? If not, you did not lose any functionalities when upgrading to DC. They were moved around quite a lot and the user-interface changed dramatically, though, so you might not know where to find them. If you want help with finding a specific command let us know.

At any rate, older installers of Reader are available here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What features does you miss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall specifically, but many things in the toolbar were lost. What I was looking for, however, was the ability to change settings on a PDF so I could save an edited form of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings?

Info: Acrobat Reader DC has more features as Adobe Reader 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you start to type in the search box in the upper right above the currently showing tools, the tool you are looking for should come up.

Give DC a shot before abandoning it. It’s the only one that gets security updates, and the older ones leave your system vulnerable to hackers.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound as if you had Acrobat 9. If you did, you still do, from what I understand - installing Reader does not uninstall any version of Acrobat. What makes you say it is gone EXACTLY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you maybe have Adobe Acrobat 9 before (ie, not Reader)? If not, you did not lose any functionalities when upgrading to DC. They were moved around quite a lot and the user-interface changed dramatically, though, so you might not know where to find them. If you want help with finding a specific command let us know.

At any rate, older installers of Reader are available here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are likely correct in that I was unable to find what I was looking for due to it being a vastly different interface, and the horrible looking toolbar of 'Adobe DLC available for the low low price of however many US dollars a month' being pushed into my peripherals did not help. All in all, as is normal with many people, I would like to return to what is familiar, and you have provided me with my original intent, which was to get Adobe Reader 9 back.

Responding quickly to the other two replies immediately after yours, I will look into the 'vulnerability to hackers', and when I was installing Adobe Acrobat DC, it told me to close Adobe Reader 9 and immediately deleted it when I started the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Installation of Adobe Acrobat DC will not remove Adobe Reader 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I had Adobe Reader 9.0, and then I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and then I didn't have Adobe Reader 9.0, which implies pretty heavily that the only thing I did to change software on my computer in the timeframe of the previous 10 minutes would be the cause of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very likely that the new version of Reader overwrote the old one, if the two are not compatible with each other and can't co-exist without conflicts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes sense thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines