• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help understanding highlighting in Reader

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple issues with highlighting in Reader.  

First, I have downloaded a publication from the IRS and I wanted to highlight certain sections prior to sending out to employees:  unfortunately, highlighting doesn't seem to work on this PDF document.  Why?

Additionally, I have another document also downloaded from the IRS, but when I try to highlight a sentence or example, the area highlighted is NOT just the section I highlighted, but everything from that section/sentence to the top of the page.  It won't seem to let me highlight just a sentence (or word, or paragraph, etc.) at a time.  Why?

Is there some difference in the way Adobe treats PDF documents, and if so, how can I tell what behavior to expect?  I really don't want to have to print the document and manually highlight it and then scan it back in ... that seems to be a real stupid way to spend time because Adobe isn't consistent in highlighting PDF documents. I will appreciate any suggestions, or even just explanations, and especially any workarounds.

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?