• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Network file hyperlinks open in browser

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a pdf file created from a Word document with a hyperlink to an excel file on the network. When the hyperlink is used it opens the file in a web browser as a local copy but we need the original file on the network to be opened.

Is there a way around this?

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to adjust your links from ones that open a web-page that starts with "file:///" to ones that are file-links and point to the file's location directly. This can't be done in Reader, though. You have to use Acrobat or do it in the application used to create the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I've opened the original back up in MS Word and I'm trying to edit the hyperlink but even if I type it out exactly as it's show on the network (i.e G:\...) it defaults to"file:///" once I've clicked okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe something to ask about over in a Word forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One step ahead of you! haha, thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines