Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Reader DC crashing when I share a pdf via email

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've recently installed Acrobat Reader DC 2020.006.20034 on a couple Windows 1903 builds and everytime I click share through email on the laptops, the application closes down and then opens up the email with the attachement as expected. I was wondering if this is a new feauture or possibly a bug. Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikos,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned, the application crashes when you use the option to share the document through email.

Please confirm if the application closes completely or it just open the email application with PDF attached. Do you get any error messages?

What happens when you send the email? Does the Reader DC windows appears or you relaunch the application?

It would be helpful if you can share the video of the issue occuring at your end.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Meenakshi,

When I click share I select the default mail client and then I click send. Reader waits 1-2 seconds then closes down completely with no error messages and the email comes up ready to be sent. I've sent the email but Reader didn't start at all. I've tried that on most the computers we have and I tried to reinstall the application with no luck. Unfortunately I'm not able to provide a video of this, I apologize.

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines