Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Reader DC disable document cloud

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

The new Adobe Acrobat Reader is out and I would like to know if there is a way I can disable the document cloud.

I would like to prevent users to upload documents in the cloud. Is there any settings in the registry where I can disable that option with group policy or something else?

Thank you for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Yes,  there is and it's documented in the ETK:  Services integration

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  there is and it's documented in the ETK:  Services integration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I referenced the ETk to get everything turned off except does anyone have any idea how to disable the "store and share files in the document cloud" piece in the tools pane? storeandsave.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's IPM and again look in the ETK Preference Reference for the ability to turn it OFF:  In product messaging

Note, you could do this all in the Adobe Customization Wizard DC with a few checks boxes and then deploy the customized package to your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve! I didn't realize that was IPM. I did not find that feature in the customization wizard or MSI tables. But I did manage to kill it using the policy keys then just added that to the MSI reg table thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with the IPM preferences, and cannot seem to get this to go away. Could you be more specific, or has this been changed that you can't get rid of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DId you move the Adobe Customization Wizard DC download?  It's not at the current link mentioned in this thread and I am not able to search for the right one.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting Page cannot be displayed.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a download path that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product:

FTP Listing of /pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1500920069/ at Host: ftp.adobe.com

ftp : / / ftp.adobe.com /pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1500920069/

(Remove the Spaces...use the Internet-Explorer)

Customisattion Wizard:

FTP Listing of /pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/misc/ at Host: ftp.adobe.com

ftp : / / ftp.adobe.com /pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/misc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you disable this... on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a cleaner version of the registry keys which gives you, removal of the Add Account, hiding of the additional email options, hiding of the "Store and Share Files" message on the bottom right.

Sorry about the formatting.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cIPM]
"bAllowUserToChangeMsgPrefs"=dword:00000000
"bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc"=dword:00000000
"bShowMsgAtLaunch"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cSharePoint]
"bDisableSharePointFeatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cWebmailProfiles]
"bDisableWebmail"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]
"bAcroSuppressUpsell"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cIPM]
"bAllowUserToChangeMsgPrefs"=dword:00000000
"bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc"=dword:00000000
"bShowMsgAtLaunch"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cSharePoint]
"bDisableSharePointFeatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cWebmailProfiles]
"bDisableWebmail"=dword:00000001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is very helpful to manage preferences -- for on-premises and in a controlled environment --

How would you also enforce this off-premises on unauthorized equipment?  What's to stop someone from going home, using their personal computer, knowing their adobe ID, logging in, and doing whatever they please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  I have an Adobe account and just bought a new computer.  I downloaded all my software onto the new computer and now Adobe PDF does not work. Instead it takes me to a cloud!!

How horrible.  And, to make it worse, if I want to get rid of that cloud software setup, I have to download more software to fix it!!??  Something called the 'customization wizard'.  What is Adobe doing?  Is there another product other than Acrobat I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe product and version do you have? To give you good advice we need to know the name And version. "Adobe PDF" isn't a product. Also please explain what you mean by "takes me to a cloud"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACTLY what do you want to disable? What exact software and version did you install? What happens? What do you want to happen? Without details we're lost, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem. Thank you for solution !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the Reg Keys mentioned above, but cannot get rid of the "Store and Share files in the Document Cloud" - Learn More

Is there something more that could help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to remove all but sharepoint and 'ONEDRIVE', it looks like onedrive is combined with dropbox, box, etc.... as it is a cloud storage, we do use onedrive, but we don't want our users to configure dropbox, etc...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, OneDrive cannot be separated from dropbox, box etc... in the disable configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Steve, any plans in the roadmap to have separate controls for these? I can imagine not being the first (or last) will run into this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines