• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Reader DC- not printing elements

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So. Adobe just updated to v. 2019.008.20071, and now when i send the generated pdf file to print to any of my printers here in the office, one of elements does not print with the rest of the document.  it is a logo that has always printed in the top left corner of the document.  it shows up in the print preview but will not print. i have tested on several printers. when i email the document (share icon in files toolbar) the email document has the logo included.

is anyone else experiencing this same issue.

Thank you in advance.

Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Acrobat team is aware of similar issue that has recently surfaced (with the Oct 2 update) and working on a resolution on priority. We will keep you'll updated on the progress.

We got some files form some of you already which are of great help in validating the issue. If not sent yet, it would be great if you can provide one of your file to us so that we can confirm it to same issue. Please message me for more details on sending the pdf file.

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here, embedded .jpeg in a generated PDF for our Delivery Notes & Invoices.

Changing scaling and image smoothing has no effect. Using a different printer, no change. Uninstalling and going back to DC 2018 fixes it.

3 PC's out of ~60 have updated. Have rolled 2 of those back to DC 2018 to 'solve'.

Download for DC 2018 here if you need it (took me a while to find): ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1801120063/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  so far that helped but after a few minutes it tries to update back to "2019".

can seem to get it to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update on possible fix..

i uninstalled Reader "2019" via the Adobe Lab cleaner.

i removed every instance of the Reader DC form the Registry.

restarted computer several times.

installed Reader "2018", restarted computer, disabled the Adobe Updater Service, restarted again.

it worked, UNTIL I used the "quick print" option on a pdf in my Outlook email.

Adobe Reader instantly, and I mean instantly converted back to Reader "2019", no pause, no install message, it happened in the matter of a second.

i have never seen anything like this.

i am not sure if i missed something or did something in error.

i am at a lose.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat team is aware of similar issue that has recently surfaced (with the Oct 2 update) and working on a resolution on priority. We will keep you'll updated on the progress.

We got some files form some of you already which are of great help in validating the issue. If not sent yet, it would be great if you can provide one of your file to us so that we can confirm it to same issue. Please message me for more details on sending the pdf file.

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to find a work around of printing to a XPS document and this also resulted in the XPS document missing the embedded logo.

Has there been any work around discovered for this issue while the solution is being worked on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same, 'printing' to a 'print to pdf' virtual printer from within Acrobat Reader DC 2019. The resulting PDF would have the graphic corrupted/missing/damaged the same as the 'real' print (did it to rule out print drivers).

My workaround (has worked on 4 PC's - have held off doing others) is uninstall DC 2019, reinstall DC 2018 (from the FTP link above) and print. I've not needed to kill off the update service as some have, none of the PC's I've reinstalled DC 2018 have 'auto-updated' to DC 2019. Yet. I'm fully expecting them to at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and only found it because clients are complaining our logo is not there when they print something they've downloaded from our Portal.  Is the issue from printing or are we going to have to recreate all the PDFs from the last few days once the issue is patched?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat team has a identified a fix for the print issue which has recently surfaced (with Oct 2 update).

We are evaluating the fix currently and will roll out patch soon.

Please drop me message If you wish to checkout the current fix and validate if it fixes your problem. Please note that it is  not officlal patch and we strongly recommend not to deploy it widely on user systems but wait for official patch which will be rolled out soon.

-Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so we will look at this when we are back in the office on Tuesday.

Heather Cooper | Manager - Information Technology

HCooper@sbpartners.ca

Direct 905-633-6333

Fax 905-632-9068

Toll-Free 1-866-823-9990 ext. 6333

3600 Billings Court, Suite 301

​Burlington, ON, L7N 3N6

sbpartners.ca

This email and any attachments may contain PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION and is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this email or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that the dissemination or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by telephone to arrange the return or destruction of this document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same issue. We print out about 100 invoices a day and all have a logo in the upper left corner that isn't printing. The logo is the company name. Can you please give me a copy of the fix to test? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.008.20074) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: 19.008.20074 Optional update, October 08, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested the 19.008.20074 Optional update, October 08, 2018 and the printed images are now being print as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning to Version 19.008.20074. Printer issues still persist on certain printers.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

HP M477fdw - Issue still present

Ricoh MP C2051 - Seems to be okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SoulDrift​,

I will message you to get more details on issue not fixed in "HP M477fdw". I suspect it to some other issue which we will investigate with your support.

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Vishal.

Issue has been resolved. Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I had to remove the printer (this is a Network printer), and then re-add it. This has cured the issue; other people in the same department didn't have issues with the HP Printer so, while we don't know why I was having the issue, we do at least know it was limited to my PC and likely not an issue with the printer or Adobe Reader itself.

Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SoulDrift

Glad to hear that issue is resolved. Thanks for updating.

-Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I see that many of the issues listed here are resolved, but I seem to be having a similar ongoing issue. I have created a PDF file in Illustrator 2019, and when opening the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC the file will not print. The printer acts as if it's going to print, but it nothing ever comes out. I had another co-worker try it, and on her printer a blank page came out. If I open the file in Adobe Acrobat DC (not reader), it does print.

Any thoughts? !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an end user that just had Acrobe Standard DC 2019.010.20064 installed and is seeing a similar issue.  Is it possible this issue has been reintroduced or is there a fix that we might be able to try to resolve the issue? 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishal,

We are experiencing the same issue. Can you please give me a copy too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am having the same issue.. will follow and see if there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all our Citrix users are now suffering from this problem following the update to DC 2019.  Vector images are not printing correctly.  Temporary solution is to enable 'print as image'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Vishal.

I have 2 Windows 7 64 bit computers running Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2019.008.20074).   They continue to experience problems when printing PDFs with hazard label pictograms on them.   The print to an HP Color LaserJet M651 PCL 6 (61.155.1.16824) printer.

Any further ideas to confirm a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines