• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Reader install on new computer - display goes black when clicking in a doc

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just replaced my computer with a new build and installed a fresh install of Acrobat Reader.  Install went fine.  I've reinstalled a couple times just in case.

Problem is that docs open fine and are viewable/scrollable as long as I don't click in the body of the document anywhere.  As soon as I do, the display goes black + squiggly interference where text should be (screenshot).  It happens on every PDF I open, from different sources.  Settings in Reader are left on defaults.

I've checked my display adapter and it's fine.  Nothing else on the computer gives me a problem.  Any ideas?

adobe error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Apologies for the trouble caused, as described above, the display goes black when clicking on a document, correct?

You may try the troubleshooting steps provided in the similar discussions below:

I hope it will work you, keep us updated with the results

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Try the suggestion provided above. Also, it seems you are currently running the Adobe Reader with the version 19.012.20035. Acrobat and Reader official update (19.012.20036)  is available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates. Or refer to DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

You may install the latest and let us know if that still doesn't help.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses.

I have tried:

Moving PREFERENCES to reset preferences to default -> same result

Updating to current version -> same result

Uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat -> same result

Checked for update to display driver (AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics) -> same result

displayadapter.jpg

It is definitely a display problem, only triggered when I click within the open document to initiate comment/edit mode, and then I get the squiggles and black display background.

See below - first image is when I initially open the document, and I haven't touched it; display is fine.  Second image is after click on text in the document; display goes wonky.

doc1.jpg

doc2.jpg

I'm a bit stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

I have just seen a post from MarkInFL with a solution that worked for me. This is from his post:  

"In Windows 10 64bit, I was also experiencing the blackened imaging, pixelating, etc., when I clicked on the .pdf image.
I also tried everything others tried. Here is the fix:
Right-click on your Acrobat Reader DC icon on the desktop or navigate to the AcroRd32.exe file in this folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Tell the troubleshooter to run this program in Windows 7 compatability mode.

It now works perfectly. NOTE: AcroRd32.exe is a 32bit program -- that's why it's in the (x86) folder. For some reason, Win10 won't run it properly."

This worked perfectly for me I hope it works for you too.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please visit MarkInFL's original post and give him a like if it works, you can find it here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/screen-turns-to-black-and-white-dots-using-adobe-acrob...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines