• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No default mail client

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of two weeks ago when clicking the email button in Adobe Reader 2017 Pro or DC I get the error 'Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.'

Outlook is my default mail client in both Windows and the Applications, I have removed and re-added Outlook as my default mail clients and still this issue persists.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking at the description given above, it seems that you haven't been able to access the email client from Acrobat Reader DC as well as Acrobat (paid version).

To fix this issue, it seems that you have already tried the most possible steps. We'd like you to check the following-

1- Check the MS Office update. Make sure you have the latest version installed.

2- Check for Acrobat and Reader DC's update. We have the latest patch released, so open Reader/Acrobat>Help>Check for update.

3- The document you are trying to email, have it saved locally on your system first.

Quite an older discussion, but its a worth giving a try on those steps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/email-button-doesn-t-work/td-p/9420395?page=1

Once done with these steps, let us know if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions. As Acrobat 2017 is the paid version it would be good to get this working.

I have followed the steps you have provided, however this has not resolved the issue. I also full reinstalled Acrobat 2017 without any luck.

Any further advise would be great.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any update? Is there any other suggestions to try?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines