Highlighted

No File Menu

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you suppress the file menu in AcroRd32.exe? I don't want remote users opening PDFs on my server and be able to navigate to the file system and destroy the server.

Topics

How to, Share or review PDFs, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No File Menu

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you suppress the file menu in AcroRd32.exe? I don't want remote users opening PDFs on my server and be able to navigate to the file system and destroy the server.

Topics

How to, Share or review PDFs, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can hide menus, but this is not very friendly, and the user only needs to use F9 to show it. What you need - desperately by the sound of it - is server security. Your remote users should have read-only access, and that only to what they need. But it isn't really clear what the user gains with Acrobat Reader that they don't have anyway with File Explorer. Are you assuming that because Acrobat Reader can see your private server for you, that everyone else will see it too?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC