• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to open documents created by others for fill and e-sign

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to open documents created by others for filling and e-signing. I am also not able to start adobe reader as an administrator. My OS is windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.592, 64 bit, and adobe reader version is 2020.006.20034

Whenever I open any document, I get the following error:

The document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author of the original version of this document.

I am attaching the screenshots of the issue faced.windowsversion.jpgadobeversion.jpgerror1.jpgerror2.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pvasha,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are not able to open the PDF documents created by others for fill and sign.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to open in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? Please try to open a different PDF file and try to fill and sign and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share the link with us. 

Also, please try to disable the protected mode for testing and see if that helps. Go to Edit > Preferences> Enhanced security > Turn off the Protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK 

Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

You may also refer to a similar discussion here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/the-document-has-been-changed-since-it-was-created-and...) and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal 

[Edited Response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am facing the issue with all the files. I also disabled the enhanced security settings, but still facing the same issue.

I have upoaded one of the forms where I am getting the error, the file contents are displayed, but I am unable to make any change or afix digital sigature.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Aa28db177-c1fc-46da-a573-7797... 

Best Regards,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prashant!

Thank you for sharing the details and sorry for the trouble, would it be possible to share some more sample file with us on which you are experiencing this issue so that we can investigate further?

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand Sri, 

Were you able to determine the issue with the file shared. Please share your findings. Let's try to resolve the issue one file at a time. 

Best Regards, 

Prashant 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prashant,

The above file shared is already digitally signed. So, once the file is already signed, you won't be able to make any changes. 

Would you mind sharing another sample form which is not signed and on which you are able to reproduce the issue so that we can investigate further? your help will be highly appriciated.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand Sri, 

The requirement is for multiple people to sign the document. Are you trying to say that once one person has affixed his digital signature, other will not be able to input their data and affix their digital signatures?

Best Regards, 

Prashant 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details Prashant. 

If the PDF file has multiple signature fields, then multiple users can sign the PDF file.

the workflow of adding multiple digital signatures is different. For detailed information, you may take help from the article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/how-to/multiple-signatures.html

For the current issue you are experiencing, please share another sample file without a signature, or a PDF form on which you are getting the error message.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines