Highlighted

Not able to open PDF

New Here ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying all morning to open PDFs in Adobe Reader, but they won’t stay open for more than 5 seconds or so. I have sent many reports about this to Apple. I work on a MacBook Pro.

Please help. Thanks.

Peter Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to open PDF

New Here ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying all morning to open PDFs in Adobe Reader, but they won’t stay open for more than 5 seconds or so. I have sent many reports about this to Apple. I work on a MacBook Pro.

Please help. Thanks.

Peter Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter,

As you said, that PDFs only opens for 5 seconds and then closes automatically. Is it crashing on every PDF or on some specific one?

Have you recently installed any update? Please check your Reader version, Open Reader> Adobe Reader>About Adobe Reader

If it isn't updated recently, then install the latest patch. Open Reader>Help>Check for update

If nothing works, then-

1- Reboot your Mac

2- Open Reader>Edit>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected mode at startup" and "Enhanced security">Reboot Reader

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

3- If nothing works, then try removing the app with the help of cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  and reinstall it: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC