Highlighted

Notification when opening pdf: your last acrobat session ended abruptly

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to disable this notification that appears every time I open a pdf in adobe reader. Clicking restore doesn't even do anything so I'm not sure if it

even works.

Annoying_adobe_notification.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Notification when opening pdf: your last acrobat session ended abruptly

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to disable this notification that appears every time I open a pdf in adobe reader. Clicking restore doesn't even do anything so I'm not sure if it

even works.

Annoying_adobe_notification.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

The dialog box shown above comes up, when a document was closed abruptly. In past, users used to complaint about the lose of data either due to system shutdown or Adobe Reader closed automatically or crashed because of some technical glitch.

This feature "Reopen PDFs from last session"  have been introduced in the latest release May-2019. Its a design behavior now, and it can't be disabled.

What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC

Clicking restore doesn't even do anything so I'm not sure if it even works.

This should definitely work, and to test you can make a slight change in the file and close without saving. Check if you get it back after restoring.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you say it comes up when not shutdown correctly, this message box comes up each and every time Adobe is opened even after successful shutdown of either document or site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, are you going to fix it? If I open a new document it will prompt me to 'restore' the other document I have open.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, this pop-up occurs every time I open and close a pdf. Clicking restore does nothing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
PPinto LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Everytime I open Adobe Reader. Clicking in 'Restore' does nothing. Wish the bloody thing would go away...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC