• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR Engine and PDF

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use some very old software with OCR technology to 'read' invoices from vendors for Accounts Payable. These invoices come to us as pdf attachments via email. But some pdf's from vendors never make it to the software to be read.. they end up in an "error" folder - but I'm not sure why, but I am thinking that it has something to do with embedded images and fonts... etc. i.e the pdf is just too fancy for our antiquated software!  Any thoughts??  These pdf invoices come into our system via an outlook inbox - should I perhaps write a script for  outlook rules to 'convert' all pdfs to a simpler pdf that our OCR software likes? Any input would be appreciated.!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What want you change? Acrobat Reader can't change PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you're looking for is a DMS (document management system) that will monitor your inbox and process the incommimng e-mails automatically in a defined manner. This is nothing you can do with Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines