Old Problem: Adobe Reader DC: Microsoft Print to PDF; MS Edge won't allow copy/paste, Firefox will

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.  I'm on Firefox.  I ask gmail to print an email containing URLs.  I use Microsoft Print to PDF and file away the output.  When I come back much later the URLs are "live" and I can mouse up a strip of text and paste it in a git-bash window.

Owing to ructions elsewhere in mylife, I have been migrating to Microsoft Edge.  I go through the routine in the above paragraph -- everything the same except for the browser I am using.  The resulting PDFs have dead, but blue, URLs, and Copy/Paste is disallowed.  It's as though this PDF is a scanned image.

The Adobe Reader DC File/Properties/Security lists seem to be the same in both cases.  Everything is allowed except for Document Assembly and Page Extraction.  It's hard to make use of these "Edge PDFs" the way I would like -- have to do a lot of retyping.

When I use OpenOffice to export an odt file to PDF, the Reader allows Commenting and Copy/Paste, no problem.

TOPICS
PDF and browsers, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a issue of Acrobat Reader. Acrobat Reader can't create PDF files.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines