• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One-click "Send as attachment in mail" no longer works

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the recent update, I used to be able to click the 'Mail'-icon (see picture below) and it would instantly open my default mail client and create a new mail with the current document added as an attachment. Ever since I installed the update, this icon now opens a "Share" side-bar where i have to make 2 more clicks to share the document as an attachment.

Is there a way to add a one-click option to share as attachment back to the toolbar?

Thanks in advance.

Picture of toolbar with highlighted Mail-icon:

Toolbar with Mail-icon.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hello Henkv,

With the Acrobat and Acrobat Reader DC October 2018 release (19.008.20071), we have introduced a Unified Sharing experience that allows you to easily invite people for collaborating on documents across desktop, mobile, and web.

However, if you use Send documents as attachment frequently for your work, you can change the behavior of the Email icon to one-click Attach to email experience using the registry/plist file mentioned below. After applying this fix, you can continue to use the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Henkv,

With the Acrobat and Acrobat Reader DC October 2018 release (19.008.20071), we have introduced a Unified Sharing experience that allows you to easily invite people for collaborating on documents across desktop, mobile, and web.

However, if you use Send documents as attachment frequently for your work, you can change the behavior of the Email icon to one-click Attach to email experience using the registry/plist file mentioned below. After applying this fix, you can continue to use the Adobe Document Cloud sharing options, using the Share button in the top right.

Please refer to the help article to apply the fix How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anand,

I would need to apply the fix but unfortunately the link above is redirecting to the 'Share and track PDFs online' page;

could you please check and let me know how to actually apply the fix?

Many thanks and best regards,

Flavio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bad fix. I can't access my registry on my work computer, but this slows my work down so much. Please, this used to be easy. I just want an email button that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing the same behavior and is really poor UI/UX design. I need to attach the actual PDF file for emailing expenses. Now am just creating a quick snip and emailing do to these ill advised changes. I just want to have an open PDF automatically attach to an outlook email like it has for years and years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines