• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open multiple PDFs from a Shared Network Drive (in Windows Server 2019)

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Shared network Drive in a Windows Server 2019. In the File Explorer, I can double click in one PDF and it opens ok, but when I try to open the second one, it does not work. I have to close the first one to open the second.

If I try to open from inside the Reader DC, by clicking FILE, then OPEN... it works.

I am able to open multiple XLS, and DOC (with MS office) Files.

any idea?

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darlor

Apologies for the delay in response. As described above, you are not able to open multiple PDF from a shared network drive, correct?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader installed? To check the version of the application please use the help article  - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Check for any missing update and try updating the application. Go to Help > Check for updates. To know more about the latest version please use the help article - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Please try to add the file and folder location to the Application. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced security > Add File and Add Folder Path > Click OK and check.

For testing purpose, please try to turn off the protected view. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced security > Turn off the protected view and uncheck the Enhanced Security and restart the application and check.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing, irrespective of the result.

Let us know if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we are also experiencing the same issue with Windows 10 Version 1809/1903.  It works when we turn off the protected view.

I have just updated the Acrobat Reader to the latest version 2019.021.20049 but the issue is still not fixed. I also saw another thread about this issue https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2647793

Please let me know about the status.

Regards,
Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

I am waiting for a response from you. Please update me on this case. 

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in response. Please provide us some time as our engineering team is still investigating on this to find the root cause. Will share the update soon.

Thank you for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

thanks for updating me on this case. I hope you have an update for me soon. 

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

is the error message "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found." when we try to open a PDF that is on a network drive under investigation, as well ?

Thanks and Regards,

Massimiliano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

we are sorry for the delay in response. As you are getting the error 'There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found'

Please refer to a similar discussion here (

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/there-was-an-error-opening-this-document-access-denied...) and see if that helps.

If you are on a Windows server environment and experiencing this error, could you please share the process monitor log files for the affected machine. Please download the process monitor tool using the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon run the application and share the log files with us so that we can assist you better.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

is there any news on this? We have many users with Windows 10 1809 who reported the error that they cannot open two pdf files from a network drive (SMB 3.1.1) at the same time when they double click on it. At the moment we tell them to drag and drop the second pdf file because then it's working but we need a solution. I also found another post about the same error https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2647793

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

We are sorry for the delay in response. This issue is still under investigation. 

Please provide us some more time, we will share the update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it's still not working. Ticket number of employees is increasing.

Any update on this?

Regards,
Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree ! It's still not working. 

Please, we are still wainting a solution from Adobe.

There is so many users impacted and so many posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have conntacted Adobe support few minutes agao and they ask me to create a new post (again).. I did it... Let see

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/open-multiple-pdfs-hosted-on-server-2019-and-using-dfs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available v20.009.20063. Please update the application to the new version and see if that works. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available v20.009.20063. Please update the application to the new version and see if that works. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

I tried but, unfortunatelly, still the same issue..

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists. A new optional update got released version 20.009.20065. Please try updating the application and see if that works. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I have installed version 20.009.20065, but same issue.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not OP, but i just moved our company shares from a 2012R2 DFS share to 2019 DFS share overnight and this issue popped up. Our clients are running windows 1909 and adobe latest 20.009.20065 and i can confirm the same issue is still occuring. It can be "bypassed" by turning off "Protected Mode at startup" but this is not something we are willing to disable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to keep you waiting.

This issue is already reported the engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything form them.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I confirm that with version 2020.012.20041 (file version 20.012.20041.1044 and base =20.3072) it's working ! Thanks !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Version 2020.012.20043 (20.3072 Core) it is still broken.

I am using DFS and have my DFS namespace in trusted sites in Internet Explorer, along with each file server.  The option to "Automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zones" is enabled.

I have also added my root DFS namespace, and each file server as a Host in Adobe Ready privileged location.

Some files open correctly, however some files don't.  I presume this is dependant on whether they are signed with a valid certificate, however I cannot find a way to view the certificate to verify this.

We need a method to trust all files on our file servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines