• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open to page 1 by default not working

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background: I have a huge list of PDF files that are accessed via weblinks from a "table of contents(TOC)" page. My employees open this one TOC page, then click on the needed link to open whichever PDF they need. Then they can click on a "return" button I added to the destination PDF to return them to the TOC page. It's basically a workaround for a very restrictive workstation...all PDF's are accessed through our intranet and not accessible from outside.

Issue: When they navigate to a PDF and scroll down the pages, then return to the TOC, if they return to that same PDF it simply opens to where they left off in scrolling (say page 5). I want it to open to page 1 whenever they return to this same (or any) PDF.

Settings: I already have the document properties how they should (in theory) do this, but it doesn't work (Document properties>Initial View). Is there a cache or something I need to clear upon exit? I also set the docuemnt to not keep anything in the recently used list (Edit>Preferences>Documents>Documents in recently used list)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

I looked into it a lot further tonight, and I think it's actually a problem with how the PDF is being displayed/loaded...I think it's the browser and how it displays on the users end. I cleared the browsing history and did the same return and back, and it opened page one. I'll have to investigate that route for the browser settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - Documents and make sure that "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" is NOT ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed it is not ticked. I tried it both ways with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked into it a lot further tonight, and I think it's actually a problem with how the PDF is being displayed/loaded...I think it's the browser and how it displays on the users end. I cleared the browsing history and did the same return and back, and it opened page one. I'll have to investigate that route for the browser settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines