• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening old PDF's

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I cannot open my old PDF's with this new Reader. Old Reader XI won't install. Are they all toast now? Or is there some magic that needs to be added that will permit this new Reader to open my old PDF's?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

It was my mistake. I was trying to open old wp files created on my Performa back in the 90's, my PowerBooks and my iMacs since around 2003 to the present. Turns out they were legacy word processing files that didn't, for some reason, get 'Migrated' properly with each of the newer incarnations of Claris, Apple Works et al. I had tried to see if changing the extention to .pdf would help. All that did was confuse me.

Turns out my old real pdf's DO open just fine. Thank you. I was just refered to Lib

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you open the PDF files with Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my mistake. I was trying to open old wp files created on my Performa back in the 90's, my PowerBooks and my iMacs since around 2003 to the present. Turns out they were legacy word processing files that didn't, for some reason, get 'Migrated' properly with each of the newer incarnations of Claris, Apple Works et al. I had tried to see if changing the extention to .pdf would help. All that did was confuse me.

Turns out my old real pdf's DO open just fine. Thank you. I was just refered to Libreoffice to help me open those old files of mine.

Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to learn how to unhid messages n pics and videos and audio without messing the file up n to find all hidden files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines