• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of memory error in Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the forum and did not find where a solution was provided for this error so I am going for it again.

I have a fresh machine running win 10, 8GB of RAM, and a new install of acrobat DC.

the first PDF I am needing to open is 29 pages, it gets to page 4 before it says "out of memory" and does not show any more of the content, it will continue to scroll through the blank pages. it will open smaller files ok, it seems to be related to size but my machine has plenty of memory and HD space.

thank you in advance, I am held up on a project due to this. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

I found that if I do a “save as” on the PDF before trying to scroll through it, there is an option to “decrease file size”. I do this, it takes about 15 minutes but then I can view the entire document.

I hope this help others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasonatamt,

Its likely to be a memory problem.

Force windows to use all the available RAM memory:

Step1: Go to Start Button and Type "Run"

Step 2: In the Run Box: Type " msconfig ".

Step 3: Go to Boot tab in the System configuration window.

Step 4: Click advanced option and Check the "Maximum memory" Check box.

Step 5: Restart when prompted.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. I still cannot open past page 4 without “out of memory”.

Still, thanks for the tip, I did not know that setting existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jasonatamt,

You're welcome!

Try emptying the TEMP folder. This may be the out of memory issue you have. Keep in mind that as you open a large PDF, any graphics that are expanded may make the size grow a lot in terms of memory requirements. Acrobat uses the TEMP folder for memory overflow as I recall and it is likely almost full.

You might also do a Save As periodically and try to clear things.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a disk cleanup, which included the temp files I believe, it did not make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if I do a “save as” on the PDF before trying to scroll through it, there is an option to “decrease file size”. I do this, it takes about 15 minutes but then I can view the entire document.

I hope this help others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey AadeshSingh 

Thanks so much dude! It worked like a charm. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Just found this:

Known issues | Adobe Acrobat DC, Reader DC

- Look under the Sandbox, this is a known issue with Adobe Reader.

Disable this:

Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

And you should be fine.

I know this is an old post but with a bit of luck this will help other people in the future

- John Rhodes, IT Support for McConnell Dowell NZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, by using above solution issue is resolved. I have also remoed unwanted file which was there to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jasonatamt! This worked for me too. I ran a recognize text command on a 400+ page document and then immediately saved as reduced file size (did this before scrolling through the document) and once I reopened the new saved document it worked. No more "out of memory" pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem while trying to save a huge PDF, and I just shared the file by email and sent it myself. After that, the app allowed me to save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines