• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outlook crashes when opening PDF documents.

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an IT professional, and I've noticed in the last few days that several clients in different environments on different versions of windows are having this issue. They are all using Office365 (which would be Outlook 2016.) When they view an email in the preview pane (or open the email in its own window) as soon as you click on the attached PDF file outlook turns white and freezes. I have to manually close out of Outlook through Task Manager. I have tried updating Acrobat Reader, Windows, and Office 365 all to their most recent versions, as well as completely uninstalling and reinstalling all of the applications (save for windows.) I've even created a new outlook profile for the users experiencing the issue but it's still happening. On some of the affected machines safe mode will allow it to open (and then I tried eliminating all add-ons) but still have the issue. On others the issue still occurs in safe mode. It has occurred on Windows 10, 8.1, and 7.

Anyone else running into this issue, and have you found any solutions for it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Minisea,

Apologies for the trouble caused, as stated above the outlook crashes while opening PDF documents, correct?

What is the dot version of the application installed? To check the version of the application please follow the link - Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC​

Please try to update the application to the latest version 19.012.20036. Go to Help > Check for Updates. To know more about the latest version available please check  - DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

As stated above turning OFF the Protected view works for some of the machines, Turning OFF the security is for testing purpose only, please turn ON the security after testing. please refer to the steps provided in the link - Protected Mode troubleshooting | Adobe Reader

You may refer to some similar discussions here -

Email button causes outlook to freeze

Outlook Crashes during Attach to E-mail

Let us know if that works for you

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines