• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlapped I/O event is not in a signaled state.

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to access data file (xfdf) with adobe reader, the attached error shows. This used to go out to the folder where the pdf file was located and place the data from the xfdf on that form. Now it will not open at all with reader. We are able to open with Acrobat but there are some resource issues with using that application. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My discovery this morning is that when you have the Resource Monitor running (launched from Task Manager), Acrobat Reader DC works as expected, with xfdf files, with no error. When you close theResource Monitor, you get the error. Slowing it down avoids the Overlapped I/O Error.

Even if the process viewer is minimized, this slows the process enough, that the error does not occur.

Not sure why this works, but would love anyone to point me in the right direction for fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the error by sending my temp xfdf files to C:\temp, before launching them. Previously, they were being sent to a mapped network drive. This stopped the Overlapped I/O error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can you help walk me through how you accomplished changing where the temp file gets saved?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set the location of the xfdf file explicitly in my application. I doubt this info will be helpful to you.

; Calculate gPDFFlatFolder as con('C:\TEMP\PDF_FLAT\')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines