Highlighted

Password Protection on email PDFs

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been emailed a PDF in Acrobat format. I have downloaded Acrobat Reader but when I try to open the document a pop up appears asking me to enter a Document Open Password (which I've never had or been given). I've scoured the internet and everything says to open the document, then click 'File' and 'Properties'....Problem is I can't "open" the document unless I enter the password and therefore I can't click on 'Properties' to change the settings. PLEASE HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Password Protection on email PDFs

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been emailed a PDF in Acrobat format. I have downloaded Acrobat Reader but when I try to open the document a pop up appears asking me to enter a Document Open Password (which I've never had or been given). I've scoured the internet and everything says to open the document, then click 'File' and 'Properties'....Problem is I can't "open" the document unless I enter the password and therefore I can't click on 'Properties' to change the settings. PLEASE HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the sender of the e-mail for the password.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea why anyone would advise you to go to File - Properties. If it asks for a password, you need to type that password there and then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines