• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Required to Open Document since update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning my Win 7 PC had updated to the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.011.20036 and all of a sudden cannot open PDFs that it could before.

When trying to open these PDFs I get a message that says "Please enter a document open password".

The PDFs I am trying all have password protection to prevent editing and page extraction but opening and printing is allowed.

I have checked with a friend running the previous Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.009.20044 and it opened fine. He has since updated to the latest version and now has the same problem as me.

There is definitely NOT a password required to open the document, it is just for prevention of editing. Definitely a problem with this latest release. Please can you advise when a patch will be released.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 2015, Acrobat 2017 and…

Please try it out an

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds serious and you should report it. Posting in the forum is NOT reporting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Please report using Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are looking into this issue and will update once a resolution is found.

Thanks,

-ashu mittal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar problem occurred in my company 's server.

I improved by changing the 12 digit password by eleven digits.

Also, even if "e" in 12th digit is changed to a number, it improved.

I would be happy if it helps to improve the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20...

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update applied and has worked for me. Tried a couple of problem files and all seems fine. Thanks for your help ashumittal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also updated it. We are now all able to browse the PDF of the website.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this wasn't helpfully I tried both tried Help Update nothing tried the link download the patch nothing so now I'm stuck I can't open my documents because I'm being asking for a password something I never asked for.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact  in full?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact MESSAGE sorry. Details please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(document title) followed by "is protected. Please enter a Document Open

Password."

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you, that does seem to confirm the files have a password. Probably not a Reader issue, but please tell us the exact version you have (from About), like 2016.123.54465?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Ashu, but I have the same problem and the problem persists, even after installing the update.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Is it happening with all the documents? What is the current version of Acrobat or Reader installed at your end?

This is likely the password which has been put on the file by the author, this is not an issue with the application.

For testing purposes, you can try to open the same file with Google Chrome browser and check if chrome opens the file?

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is just ridiculous. I have the same problem and Adobe will not help me. This is not about A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE, it is about HOW I HAVE TO ENTER MY PASSWORD EVERY TIME I WANT TO USE THE APP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, Positively the last straw. I've now replaced Adobe CC with Affinity Serif - Photo/Design and Publisher and now since your asking for an account and password for READER, I'm moving on to PDF Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines