paste the copied annotations\comments near the current cursor position

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
recently I've posted a similiar post but got no solution.
maybe I wasn't clear enough discribing the issue.
I have adobe reader - free version. (ver 20.013.20064) (windows 10)
I need to edit pdf files. actually need to annotate and comment on existing pdf files.
I would like to copy one comment\annotation from one pdf file and paste it to another pdf file.
my problem is that copy\paste of comment\annotations are pasted "in place".
(i.e. for example if I copy an annotation placed at the top of a page in say "source.pdf" then ctrl+v in  "destination.pdf"-window pastes the annotation similarly at the top of page)
but I would like to paste the copied annotations\comments near the current cursor position.
can it be done?
thanks very much

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, pasting the comment from source file to the destination file , past it it in the place and you want to place them near to the cursor postion.

The past in place is a design behavior of the application. However, we have a workaround to move the comment to any desired position. after you paste the comment to the destination file, just hover your mouse over the pasted text comment so that it gets selected, then using the arrow keys you can adjust the position of it.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
niv5FEA AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi amal

thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, after pasting "in place", often, I cant see the pasted object because not all the page is shown at a given moment in the window (it depends ofcourse on the scaling and window size)

so it takes some seconds to locate it.

maybe you should supply both pasting options : "near cursor" and "in place" (just a thought)

thanks very much

niv

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
niv5FEA AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"pdfxchange" which i've dowloaded this week does just this. pasting using mouse right click is "near cursor" and pasting using ctrl+v is "in place". 

thanks again

niv

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines