• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF/A format with digital signature

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a question. When I save a document in PDF/A format, eg using MS Excel and then digitally sign this signature using Adobe Acrobat Reader, the PDF/A format disappears. The document is then only a PDF.

My question is whether it is possible to keep the PDF/A format of the document even after the electronic signing of the document. If so, how do I do it?
Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because the "A" in PDF/A stands for "Archive", which means you can't change the file once saved ("archived") in this format.

A digital signature does the same, really, so the two are not compatible with each other. You need to choose one or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not forbidden; digital signatures are a permitted part of PDF/A. You may be seeing a limitation of Acrobat Reader, which does not have full signing features. Maybe Acrobat can do it, don't know. How do you sign digitally today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines