Highlighted

PDF document saved from Word with EMF Figures

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a word document with several figures and all were generated as .emf files.

I save the document in PDF with the "save as" option, as this allows to keep the links i have in the text as well as the quality of the images (so print in PDF is not an option).

When I open the PDF file, I can see most figures, but some disappear and an error message appears: "an error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."

this happens only with certain figures in .emf, the same figure saved in formats such as jpeg, tiff and png does not have the same problem (but the quality is much worse).

Another thing I have tried is, from word, to "save as Adobe PDF" (this I can do only from my work PC as on my personal laptop I don't have this option). In this case I can see the images I could not before, however they are messed up with additional lines that do not exist in the figures.

I also want to point out that opening the PDF document in a new version of microsoft edge or with pdf viewers from my phone displays everything correctly.

Has anyone encountered such problem and has found a solution?

Thanks!

Topics

General troubleshooting, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF document saved from Word with EMF Figures

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a word document with several figures and all were generated as .emf files.

I save the document in PDF with the "save as" option, as this allows to keep the links i have in the text as well as the quality of the images (so print in PDF is not an option).

When I open the PDF file, I can see most figures, but some disappear and an error message appears: "an error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."

this happens only with certain figures in .emf, the same figure saved in formats such as jpeg, tiff and png does not have the same problem (but the quality is much worse).

Another thing I have tried is, from word, to "save as Adobe PDF" (this I can do only from my work PC as on my personal laptop I don't have this option). In this case I can see the images I could not before, however they are messed up with additional lines that do not exist in the figures.

I also want to point out that opening the PDF document in a new version of microsoft edge or with pdf viewers from my phone displays everything correctly.

Has anyone encountered such problem and has found a solution?

Thanks!

Topics

General troubleshooting, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?