Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf file based on sommet light font is not serchable

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue. I have installed Sommet Light for my word and power point. When I create a pdf from these two solutions that contain sommet light text, and then search for a word in pdf file, it doesn't give me any value, as if it can't search through sommet light. can someone help me with that please?

Thank you

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to search the text with  sommet font

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Do you get any error message while trying to search?
  • What is exact workflow or steps you are doing?
  • Are you able to see the text with sommet font in the PDF?
  • Could you please share the sample file with us through private message for testing? Please click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to start the private message.

We are here for help, just need more information

Thanks 

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal,

to answer your questions:

• Do you get any error message while trying to search? - No
  • What is exact workflow or steps you are doing? - Save ppt as pdf. Open pdf. Press ctrl+f and type a word. no results
  • Are you able to see the text with sommet font in the PDF? - yes
  • Could you please share the sample file with us through private message for testing? Please click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to start the private message - I have attached 2 screenshots to this message. It is the same 1 page pdf document created from a ppt. Header is in Arial Narrow and body in Sommet Light. When i press ctrl+f and search for text written in arial narrow i don't have any issues,. But when i do it with text in sommet light, i get a message that nothing was found.

Thank you for your support,

looking forward to your reply.

Nelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctrl f with arial narrow.PNGError in ctrl f with sommet light.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nelli,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots of the issue. it makes it much easier to understand. 

As we can see in the screenshots that you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, would you mind sharing the exact workflow or steps you are doing to create the pdf file from a ppt file?

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a freeware with limited functionalities and we can not create PDF through it.

Also what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your system? To check the version of the application please use the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html)

Make sure you have the latest version 19.21.20056. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more information please use the link (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html)

Reboot the machine after the update and check again for the issue.

If it still persists, you may try the following preference settings and see if that helps

Go to Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Use Local Fonts > Click OK.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal, thank you,

I followed your instructions and  did exactly what you told me to.

Yet the issue is not resolved.

To create a pdf I do the following:

in ppt, I press Save As and choosing .pdf.

The issue I think is the font because it doesn't work for all my colleagues. Can you please advise further?

Thank you and regards,

Nelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two possibilities, and it's worthwhile finding out which one it is.

1. Something goes wrong in making the PDF (the font, the software, something else).

2. Something is wrong with searching.

It's easy to tell the difference. In the PDF, select some text in this font and copy/paste into another app (Word, or whatever). Do you see the text ok?

1. If you see DON'T see the text Ok, then something went wrong in making the PDF, and nothing can make it search ok.

2. If you DO see the text Ok, something is wrong with searching.

What do you find?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, and I don't see the text. So something is wrong with making the pdf with this exact font.

Is there a procedure of how to install the font that you suggest or any other instructions?

Thank you,

Nelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't really any choices: once the font is installed, so far as I know that's all there is to it. How do you make the PDF? Please describe the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

but how can I fix this issue.

As I already described above I go to any document word or ppt. Press Save As. And in the dropdown menu choose ".pdf".

Can you please advise further?

Nelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say you could necessarily fix it. Before knowing whether we can fix a problem, we need to understand it.

Ok, so you save directly using Microsoft's software. How about if you use Acrobat Pro instead - https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/using/creating-pdfs-pdfmaker-windows.html - fixes many problems with Microsoft's PDF creation. (Can't fix a completely broken font though, but it's worth a try).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't want to get the paid version because if I will fix it for myself still my clients might not be able to search the text with this font. Have you ever had a similar issue already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of thing is a constant issue. I wasn't suggesting that you use the paid Acrobat because it's better at searching (which would only help you), but because it's better at making PDFs (which MIGHT help everyone).

Overall, I suggest you find a different suitable font. There are hundreds of thousands or millions to choose from, some will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and is subscription valid for 1 user only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but why would you need more than one? I thought you were the only peson making the files - is everyone making them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not the only one. So is it for 1 user or it is a license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One subscription for each person.

Adobe would say: subscribe to Acrobat for everyone. A team license is recommended, as regular licenses are not suitable for business use.

I would say: look for another font, but check the cost - you will have to license the font for each user, and it could cost as much as a year in Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines