Highlighted

PDF file shuts down automatically after 10 sec

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFD file shuts down automatically after 10 sec, had this issue a while back and was given a patch file fix but now it's doing it again.  How can I get a new patch?  And this is ridiculous, why does this keep happening!  Huge inconvenience to work day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF file shuts down automatically after 10 sec

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFD file shuts down automatically after 10 sec, had this issue a while back and was given a patch file fix but now it's doing it again.  How can I get a new patch?  And this is ridiculous, why does this keep happening!  Huge inconvenience to work day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2018 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need to reset your preferences?

Try: How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread is from 2016 and at end adobe says doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the looks of it, they weren't referring to the marked answer. They were referring to one of the many other suggestions above (and although the person that says it doesn't work mentions Adobe, he isn't marked as a staff member so take that however you want I guess). Other identified staff member have sent people with this issue there much more recently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the preferences folder to a new location didn't resolve the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would request you to kindly share the Crash dumps when Reader Crashes for you.

Here is how you can collect the crash dump :

When Reader Crashes (If you get this error message "Adobe Reader has stopped working") , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs .

For Getting the Crash Logs:

1.       When Acrobat Reader Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager
  2.       -> Got To Processes, There you can see a process "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" / AcroRd32.exe
  3.       Right Click on this process and click "Create Dump File"
  4.       Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
  5.       Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail at ajain@adobe.com

We will try to analyze your issue on priority once you share this information with us.

Thanks,

Ayush Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with you from yesterday.

No error message when the document is shutting down.

Only 10sec is allowed to see files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeockl,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and navigate to Adobe Reader's preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>and try disabling 'Enable Protected Mode at startup'>Click OK and restart the application and check.

Note: disabling the Protected Mode is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

Are you on Windows machine or Mac and what it the version installed?

What is the version of Adobe Reader installed, to identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

If security software is installed, for testing purpose, please disable it, reboot the machine and check.

If you have any third party plug-ins for Adobe Reader installed, please disable it, reboot the machine and check.

Also, collect the log files from the above-shared method by Ayush Jain of the machine on which Adobe Reader is crashing and share it by direct/private message. Use Adobe Send feature to upload the log files and share the link in direct/private message.  How Do I Send Private Message

For testing purpose,

Create a test user profile with full admin rights, install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and check the functionality.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

[Edited Response]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am facing same problem. I am using Adobe 10, for my windows 10 PC.

Due to my current project, i have to use Adobe 10 only. 

After 10 seconds of opening a pdf file, the adobe shots down without any error message.

Please tell me how to fix this. its very urgent

Thanks in advance

Ishani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem. If I start Adobe from the Start button on Windows 10, I can get Adobe Acrobat XI Pro to stay up for about 15 seconds. It then shuts down without a window error message or anything. If I try to open an actual Adobe file, I get the exact same issue.

I've tried re-starting as well as shut all other programs.

I believe the problem started on Friday. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any solutions for this yet I have several users here at my company having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple people in our organization are facing this issue to.  Stays open for sometime and then shuts down.

Have tried removing the Enable protect mode.  That does not seem to work.  This started randomly about a week ago

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0