Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF files disappearing after closing

New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've had some users experiencing issues in the last few weeks with some (not all) PDF files disappearing when they have been opened and closed in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

The files are actually being deleted but to a user they just disappear from the view of the directory.

This is happening on Windows7 and Windows10 clients and has been tried with multiple versions of Adobe Reader.

It doesn't happen to all PDF files but will happen with the same ones consistently.

Deleting the copy of the PDF file from the Users Appdata\Local\Temp directory will temporarily fix the issue for that file but not remove the problem completely.

Any suggestions or anyone else experiencing this issue?

[Moved from Acrobat General Troubleshooting to Acrobat Reader by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it solved everything ! Forcepoint Endpoint (Our Proxy in my company) was the reason of all of this...

i removed totally Forcepoint (and the DLLs remaining) and now PDF files are not disappearing anymore.

thank you Anand Sri !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the name of the DLLs that were remaining on the system : QIPCAP.dll 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Greetings!

Thanks for your patience and for your cooperation.

After analyzing the logs shared by few users, we found that the primary cause of the file disappearing issue is due to the Forcepoint Endpoint.

Forcepoint has recommended to the users who reported this to their support team to upgrade the application to the latest version 19.06 and it seems that it solves the issue for them.

If you are not using Forcepoint and experiencing the file disappearing issue, then please share the following details so that we can assist you in a better way and get this resolved.

• The version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, please take help from Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
  • The version of the operating system installed?
  • The version of the security software installed?
  • The complete workflow through which you can reproduce, the issue with basic file open/close workflow or some other workflow such as edit & save.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are already running this build. Our current endpoint version is 19.06.910.

Tom Ferratt | IT Operations Manager

[Personal info removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you still have the issue with this build ?

because in my case, if i stay on 03 version, i will have the issue.. if i upgrade on 06 version, issue disappeared.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone found a solution to this post?  I am having the same issue.  In Outlook, open email, open attached PDF, do a "save as" to desktop or documents (it doesn't matter) it saves, then disappears. 

Outlook version Version 1901 build 11231.20130

W10

Adobe version 2019.010.20064

Forcepoint Endpoint version - 8.5.3834 - not using proxy, automatically detect settings is selected.

Any ideas?  It would save a lot of time just to save to desktop with original name.  If I rename it - it will save.   Plus it is nice to go back to the original file and name for reference etc.

Thank you!

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lisa.

In my company we were on a 8.x.x.x version before and we didn't have this issue but we had so many others issues (like proxy prompt on Skype etc...) so we updated forcepoint on a 19.03 version and then all our issues disappeared but this one (pdf) appeared.

Maybe Adobe will release a new version to solve this but honestly I think that the work is needed from forcepoint side.

We tried the 19.05 and 19.06 version in my company and the pdf issue is gone now.

It should be the case for everyone and I don't know if you have this possibility in your company to update forcepoint on all the PCs but it would be the best.

Also even if I have the possibility to right click on forcepoint and click on disable : the issue is still there (19.03 v of course) so apparently it's really the presence of those dll files which is triggering the issue.

Except since 19.05 because those dll files are still there but the issue is solved.

Tell me if I'm clear.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darkira,

We are on Forcepoint Endpoint version 8.5.3834 and you tried 19.05 and 19.06 – that seems like a big jump in versions but I will ask my team.

Thank you for the reply and advice!

-Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lisa,

++adding to the correct observation shared by Darkira, updating the Forcepoint to it's latest version available 19.05.890 & 19.06 has fixed the issue for the users who reported this issue and were in touch with the Forcepoint support team.

Please install the latest version of Forcepoint and check.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you AnanSri! I will ask our engineering team to push this Forecepoint software out via AirWatch and I will report back shortly.

-Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa you're totally right on the big jump version.

I even search on the internet and i didn't find any newer version than the 8 version for TRITTON AP agent (if i remember correctly the name) and in fact... it's not really clear for me but apparently 2 companies made a fusion or...a name change but the 19 version is in fact a kind of combination of several "agents".

So the "old" client which is in version 8 is like...just a proxy agent and nothing more, while the 19v is also the proxy client but also other things at the same time (it has like more features or something)...

so the 19v is not exactly the new version of the client in version 8, it's more like a new client/Agent which contains the old one and which is the one Forcepoint is giving now. (i don't think it changes the price/subscription etc, it's just the new one to use)

you will even see in the program features, the client doesn't have the same application name, (before it was something like TRITTON AP Forcepoint, the new is FORCEPOINT agent blablabla)

i don't know their history but, yeah... it was so strange to have a big version difference like this. (and i don't know why the new is directly in version 19 lol...).

Do everyone in this thread confirm that updating forcepoint to at least a 19.05v is fixing the issue ?

thank you all (Users and Adobe !)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darkira,

Thank you for the comprehensive information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble copying files from a USB stick onto my Mac harddrive. When I access the files to view, they simply disappear but by ejecting the USB correctly, and then re-inserting it, the files are still there. I have read some of the comments below but frankly, the steps to remedy this are way above my skill set. I have just upgraded my Adobe Reader to the latest version and the problem persists. My Mac uses Yosemite 10.10.5, and the files on the USB stick were created in 2014. I am a writer and not an IT expert, so please explain in simple terms if you can. Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell the Moderator that this had to me and I never opened Adobe Reader. This is a real issue, not for a support community but for the engineers responsible. I personally lost a lot of time getting to my finished document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. I have the same problem. I filled-out a template in pdf format and saved in a different file name. When I retrieved the file, the information I typed in were not there anymore! Please help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines